Well it has been since the 10th of November that I bought groceries so it is that time again. Probably long overdue, but for 4 days my in-laws cooked for me. I am wishing I had some turkey leftovers right now. Had a Cranky Turkey sandwich at Cinnamon's Deli in Wichita, KS. Yummy Turkey sandwich with lettuce, cream cheese, and cranberry sauce. I had a chance to promote my meal planning forms at a networking group last week. That was so much fun. If you would like a copy of them just email me at email@example.com and I will send them to you free of charge.
So here it goes.. This weeks menu.
Monday Lunch was Sandwiches, Soup, and Jello Pudding
Monday Dinner -- Tuna Casserole w/Chopped California Blend
Tuesday Lunch -- Potato Soup and Sandwiches
Tuesday Dinner -- Spaghetti w/Tossed Salad (Gymboree Night) & Key Lime Pie
Wednesday Lunch -- Spaghetti Leftovers (Gymboree Day)
Wednesday Dinner -- Beef N Broccoli
Thursday Lunch -- Sandwiches & Soup
Thursday Dinner -- BBQ Meatballs, Great Grandmas Mac & Cheese, Fz Veggies, Cherry Pie
Friday Lunch -- LO BBQ Meatballs
Friday Dinner -- Homemade Pizza with Spinach, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Olives, and Pineapple
Saturday Lunch -- Chicken Fingers, Fish Sticks, and Tater Tots
Saturday Dinner -- Chicken and Braised Apples (New Weight Watchers Recipe)
Sunday Brunch -- Daddy Breakfast Waffles, Fresh Fruit, Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, Sausage, and Cheese
Sunday Dinner -- Mexican
Apple Braised Chicken
POINTS® Value: 5
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Simmering poultry in fat-free liquid is a moist, low calorie way to flavor food. Experiment with other types of broths and juices, too.
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 large onion(s), sliced
2 medium apple(s), firm, cored and sliced
1 cup(s) apple cider
1 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cornstarch
* In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, warm oil over high heat. Toss chicken with flour in a medium bowl, patting off excess. Place chicken in skillet and brown well on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
* Reduce stove temperature to low and add onion to skillet. Sauté, stirring often, until onion is tender and lightly browned.
* Stir in apples, cider, chicken broth, salt, ginger and chicken. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken, onions and apples to a serving dish.
* In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 to 3 tablespoons of pan juices. Combine cornstarch mixture with remaining pan juices, whisking constantly. Simmer for one minute. Pour sauce over chicken and serve. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 3/4 cup of apple-onion mixture per serving.
* Flavor Booster: Pears and chicken are an appealing combination. Substitute 2 ripe Bartlett or Comice pears, peeled, cored and diced for the apples, 1 cup sparkling pear cider for the apple cider and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg for the ginger.